Monday, July 23, 2012

Week Twenty-Eight













“Yosemite Valley, to me, is always a sunrise, a glitter of green and golden wonder in a vast edifice of stone and space.” ― Ansel Adams

Here are a few of the photos I took while we were camping in Yosemite Valley. It was an incredibly neat experience to hike and stay there. The splendor of the scenery was almost overwhelming at times. While we were hiking, I would have to stop every so often and just take a giant deep breath and try to look around at all that was surrounding me. I couldn't help feeling so small. It was a tinge of perspective for me though. Experiences like that always make me think about how tiny we are compared to everything in the world. And then I think about how God made every detail, every piece of dust, the glitter of the sunlight, the height of the mountains, the greenness of the grass. The same God who created all of those mountains and fields wants to know who we are. It never fails to blow my mind. It's so simple yet so crazy all at the same time. And why do I always forget it? It's amazing to me. Why would a God who has the power to create a whole world, want to know about tiny details in our life? Because he also loves. That's why. We care about people because we love them. We want to know if a friend had a good day because we love them. We want to know about friends' interests, likes, dislikes, dreams, aspirations, struggles, goals and passions because we love them. It's only natural. And where do we get that from? God. He's the same way. I truly believe that He cares about even the most silliest of details in our lives. Even though we think it's insignificant, He takes interest in it. Life is only made up of the small things after all. :] Whether you are happy that you found the right shoe size in a store when you thought they didn't have it, or that you got accepted into college, He cares. And He wants us to tell him about it. 

Because he cares. 

Because, well, he loves us. 

You.


 Me.


Them.


Us.


All.




So, try this for fun -  Next time your favorite candy becomes an ice cream flavor, tell Him about it. :] Next time you get the job, tell Him about it. Next time you find a nickel in the parking lot, tell Him about it. And then, thank Him for it. :] It's so easy to forget to do, as it too often slips my mind, but I'm realizing that it's even easier to actually do it.


happy conversing [:

1 comment: